Monday 8 January 2018

The Manor

For some reason, I just found myself on google street view, having spent about an hour looking at the Victorian manor houses on Carroll Avenue in Los Angeles.

They're beautiful, each one unique but yet stylistically coherent with the rest of the neighbourhood. I've always said if I was to go to America, I'd want to go to San Francisco and then I would want to go see is 1329 Carroll Avenue.

What's surprising is the condition of many of the houses. They're all protected so maybe that has something to do with it, but many look a little uncared for. Slipped tiles, worn out paintwork, one even looked like it's entire porch was collapsing as the photo was being taken. Having said that, apparently they aren't even £1million houses, which is massively surprising.

If only google could show you the inside too.

No comments:

Post a Comment