Thursday 5 April 2018

Auntie Gushing

Today, as I was tucked up in my sisters bed with my niece, eating mini chocolate Easter eggs out of her Easter bucket, I thought to myself that I should post about this moment later.

I don’t really know what else past me wanted to write, though.

Maybe something about how precious those moments are. She had just told me that she couldn’t choose between me and chocolate, which I think is fair, chocolate is very important. Or rather, she couldn’t chose between chocolate and Night Ninja, as that is my name at the moment. A couple of days ago I was Captain Turbot, but I think that Night Ninja sounds much more fun, even if that does make me a villain.

She wanted to play a lot of ‘Stuck’, which is when she bounces on me until I get fed up and then grab her, tickling her into a big hug that she struggles out of. Repeat about seventy thousand times until she gets distracted by chocolate. She also wanted to play a lot of wearing the Easter bucket as a hat, which is all well and good until she finds it significantly more amusing when it’s full of solid chocolate eggs and foil wrapper fragments. Repeat about seventy thousand times until I managed to convince her to do it to Gran instead.

Ahh she’s so lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment