Monday 23 April 2018

Done

Less than 24 hours ago, I wrote “I’m not giving up completely” on this boy I’ve been seeing. But you see, I’m pretty stubborn, so when I’ve made my mind up about something, it’s set. So today I ended things with said boy. 

He did not take it well. To be fair, he could have been worse, but he certainly didn’t handle the news with maturity. Instead he keeps sending me messages about how sad he is, sometimes with teary emojis to reinforce his point. We went on a handful of dates and I feel like he is reacting as if we were in a long term relationship. 

Do I feel good about it? Of course not. I don’t like to make anyone upset. But I don’t feel as bad about I as I feel I should.

I know I made the right decision, because at the end of the day, he was not right for me. He was too young, in literally every meaning of the word. I need someone with more maturity and more life experience; someone who can give me as much as they receive. 

This is what I’m realising. Relationships are about balance. In this case, I don’t think any aspect of our relationship would have been on even standing. 

I don’t want to go into too many details, because that would be unfair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment