Monday 7 May 2012

Back to Tomorrow

Today was really weird.

To start with, I didn't wake up until midday. MIDDAY. It's not like I had a late night or didn't sleep well, but for some reason, it was that late before I could even open my eyes long enough to see the time. I'm not much of a morning person, that's no secret, but I do normally wake up at between 8 and 9, even if that's not when I get up. But midday? I was shocked.

From that point on, I have felt crazy tired. So sleepy that I felt ill. I'm not poorly, I haven't been doing anything particularly active or stressful, and I clearly slept well, so I have had no reason to be so exhausted, and yet, I couldn't shake it off all day. Which is awkward when you are doing the family rounds and have to at least feign perkiness rather than curling up on the carpet.

I googled it. I doubt I had insufficient sleep and it is highly unlikely that I am jet legged. I do not abuse drugs. I don't think I have narcolepsy or sleep apnoea, as I don't recall collapsing or not breathing. I'm not depressed, neither have I developed a tumour, hit my head or damaged my central nervous system ... well, not that I am aware of, anyway. Anaemia*, however, does seem a more likely cause. I'll just self diagnose with that. One of my more sensible self diagnoseses (I don't even care that it's not the right plural, it sounds funnier), and plus points for being non-fatal.

In other news, guess who woke up as soon as she got in to bed?

<3 x

* Blogger autoed that to Armenia. Armenia is the cause of my sleepiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment