Tuesday 22 May 2012

B.U.T. (Be aU Ty)

A long time ago, I promised you a post about all the ridiculous names of South Korean bands. In honour of the Google Kpop concert that I can't be bothered staying up for, here is that post.


Pre 2008, and most band names were fairly understandable ... with the few odd exceptions.

H.O.T. - High-five Of Teenagers
M.I.L.K - Made In Lovely Kin (right ...)
SS501 - Superstar Singer 5 members as 1
F.T. Island - Five Treasure Island

Post 2008, and here's where it gets ridiculous.

U-KISS - Ubiquitous Korean International idol Super Star (Ubi wut?)
f(x) - Flower x chromosome
MBLAQ - Music Boys Live in Absolute Quality (good to know)
LED Apple - Logic Egoism Delete ... Apple. (now its meant to mean LED light ...Apple)
CHI CHI - Creative electronic House Idols Creative electronic House Idols
TWI-Light - Trend World Idol Light (bandwagoning on Meyer's Twilight I reckon)
M.I.B. - Most Incredible Busters
NU'EST - New Established Style and Tempo (pronounced New East)
B.A.P. - Best Absolute Perfect (Blond Asian People also worked)
BtoB - Born to Beat (as in the music, not the violence ... I hope)


Notable mention goes to Teen Top for their original name of 'TEENZ ON TOP' ... can't imagine why they had to change that.

Maybe next time we'll go into ridiculous fan club names!

Hmmmm, I now only have to wait 40 mins, but still, I'm not going to. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to live stream it on YouTube, but I also have to be fully functional tomorrow.

<3 x



Everything from Wikipedia. I only looked into the ones I had heard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment