Tuesday 29 May 2012

니가 맘에 들어

I think I'm turning Korean.

My laptop goes off, and I scream 'YAH'! at it.

I want to call my mum, I shout 'Omma!'

I keep using 'aish', 'omo' or 'aigoo' instead of 'oh my god' (they all have slightly different meanings).

I think 'otoke' (what should I do) literally all the time.

I use Korean greetings and phrases just as much as the Japanese counterparts, and often interchange them.

I can commonly be found chanting random Korean words, namely 'Annyeonghaseyo, Kamsahamnida, Sarangheyo' (Hello, Thank you, I love you).

Basically, now my parents understand me even less.

I have also discovered they do not appreciate 1am Korean lessons. You probably don't either.

<3 x

PS While I was looking up the romanicised spellings, I found this website. I can see how every single one of these phrases would come in useful, especially the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment