Saturday 5 May 2012

Unbreakable

This morning, I was woken up by the most effective alarm I have ever known.

Imagine the scene ... you are fast asleep, when a strong smell seeps into your subconscious. It is so foul that you wake up. You check around you, the door is shut and there is nothing to indicate the source of the smell being in the vicinity of your bedroom. You decide that someone who had been eating too many sprouts must have had an emergency trip to the toilet. Disgusting and inescapable, you bury your head under the duvet to try and wait it out, but it only blocks part of the stench that seems to be getting stronger rather than dissipating. You crack a window, but all it does it make you cold. You take a hint from B.A.P. and spray deodorant everywhere, but the odour burns through it. Eventually, you contemplate escape options as it occurs to you that you would rather jump into molten lava than remain encased in this stench. And you are up.*

The above occurred before 7 am this morning, and was not a ploy to rouse me from my beloved bed. It was, in fact, the discovery of a load of mouldy beans that stank out my whole house, and it was over an hour after they had been disposed of that the air was even semi breathable again. It was not a pleasant experience, especially so early in the morning. Jumping out of the window, regardless of the consequences, isn't the most ideal first thought of the day.

What was worse was that my father, owner of the worlds most sensitive nose, didn't notice a thing, despite being the one to hide said beans and forget all about them.

I know I said I'd share a load of kpop acronyms today, but that can wait until I have nothing else to share. Today, you get stink.

 <3 x



*Unless you're me, I just thought about it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment