Tuesday 1 May 2012

Shake It Up!

Being ill sucks, and I seem to be doing a lot of it lately. I think I pick up every tummy bug going around, as this is the second time I've caught one in about six weeks.

Obviously, being ill and being a human, I have to spread my misery to the rest of the world, so if you didn't know I was poorly sick, you do now.

I don't think people ever grow out of wanting their mums when they aren't feeling well.

I'm not going to catch up on all the posts that I've missed, that would take too much of my already limited supply of energy, so I'll just quickly sum up the hen do seeing as all I've done today is sleep and lounge around being poorly.

First off, why do people go to CentreParcs time and time again? I do not see the attraction in going somewhere to spend extortionate amounts of money on the simplest things and be surrounded by people all the time. You couldn't walk down the street without nearly being hit by a bike, relax in the lounge without someone walking right past the windows, or go in the pool without being kicked multiple times. None the less and for the most part, it was a good weekend.

On the Friday, we all arrived and chilled out over dinner, which came in three courses due to the shittiness of the ovens. First course - pizza/chicken nuggets and rice. Second course - chips. Third course - chips. We then presented the hen with her uniform for the weekend and went to book the table for the following night and played a round of bowling (round of? Game of? Just bowled? I don't know.) I pretty much think we went straight to bed after that, or at least everyone else did, I text people until they fell asleep.

On the Saturday, we waited for people to arrive and then had a game of mini golf, which I had never played before, so had no clue how to calculate my score. In the end I guessed at 18 which I think was probably about right. After lunch we climbed some trees and others jumped off trees and we all just generally got achey. It was terrifying, and I was so glad that Rachey and Inki were there to talk me through it. I'm glad I did it, but I don't ever wan to do it again. £30 to literally shit myself was not a good deal. We then went swimming, and I have to admit, the pools would have been pretty awesome if about 500 people less had been in them. After heading back to the 'villa' to get ready, we played a few games, made the hen dress up even more, and then went for dinner. It was an American place, which in my experience are only good for cocktails and desserts, but I had something Mexican which was pretty good. The day visitors went home, I had a wee heart to heart with the chief and we played at the disco until it closed ... at 12 ... on a Saturday night. Hardcore, right. What's even more hardcore is how we played Articulate when we got back.

Sunday was a super lazy day, which you can judge by how I was the first one up. Me. I would confidently guess at being the one to get up latest, excluding the hen. We drank tea and ate biscuits in our PJ's until about two, and then headed to the pool again. After that, we ordered take away and had just received it when the power went out, so ate our food by phone light. We tried to do our last minute searches and wees in the dark, and then we left, the power returning literally as we drove out of the car park.

The end.

Tired now. Sleep.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment