Monday 30 January 2012

Japanese/British Candy Swap

You know, I sat down at my laptop this evening before 11pm to blog, and somehow, from watching Japanese cooking videos on youtube (namely runnyrunny999, he's awesome), I got on to fangirling Super Junior. I have literally no idea how the one could turn into the other, but that's the skill of an ELF (SuJu fan) I guess, to make everything eventually be about Super Junior.

Another super lazy day today, spent mostly watching Secret Garden, although I did also start on disk 2 of my Japanese audio course. I can now introduce myself confidently in Japanese, so that's useful.

Konbanwa. Watashi wa Heather desu. Yoroshiku. Ego ga wakarimasu ka? Watashi wa igirisu-jin desu.

All I need to learn now is 'buy me candy' and I'm all set.

Out of context that probably sounds very wrong. I just want to try Japanese candy and sweets. Its just so different that anything we have here in the UK, so its really intriguing to me. However, its so expensive to buy, as obviously, you have to get it shipped over from Japan or Korea and as it is very much a novelty, they can charge what they want for it. So any Japanese readers out there (unlikely, I know) who have somehow come across this blog, I will quite happily send you British confectionery in return for the Japanese counterpart. I'm happy to try even the weird stuff, like purple potato kitkat and curry flavour pocky, you lovely albeit odd country ^^.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment