Sunday 1 January 2012

Welcome to 2012

In January 2010, I started this blog as a new years resolution. Now, 2 years and 145 posts later, I'm still blogging with no intention to stop, so that's one successfully achieved new years resolution.

Shame about the others.

One year ago, I promised myself I would try new things, be more feminine, help around the house and document my life. I have not tried many new things, at least not as many as I would have liked. I may wear more dresses and skirts and try to take better care of my skin, although I neither exercise or drink any more than I did previously and feel no more feminine. I have not set up a business, and my 'fading obsession with manga and anime' never really faded so much as got replaced with dramas and Kpop. I try to help around the house more, but am still of the firm belief that the most successful way of doing this would be to lock my father in the shed. I do document my life, especially having completed BEDA twice in the last year, but I know that I document too much about Kpop and dramas and not so much about my self (however they ARE my life).

Ive been thinking carefully about what my resolutions are going to be this year. Some will roll over, like exercise and drinking water, especially with two weddings coming up, but other than that, just normal things like get up earlier, and eat better.

Most importantly though, I think I need to grow up. I'm the youngest in my family as well as the youngest of  my friends, and I have always acted as such. But the fact of the matter is that I am 23 years old, still living with my parents, without a stable job, and without anyone that loves me. I am in the same place in my life than I was when I was 16, except back then I was more hopeful for the future.

I know I cant do anything about someone loving me, but I can do something about the other things, and both birds can be killed with one stone. I need to decide what I want to do with my life.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment