Sunday 15 January 2012

A Thorough and Detailed Breakdown of Pretending to be an Adult

Yah, so I missed a day. But you know what the best thing is? I had been posting after midnight, so now no one needs to know that I couldn't even go a week of blooging* every day (after I started a week late, obviously) because it looks like I only posted yesterday. Score!

So I never gave you a breakdown of what happened at the school on Friday. Well, it went really well. I really hate going into new places, and the getting there always stresses me out just as much as the idea of being somewhere new with new people does. Having said that, it was easily to find even if I did nearly get rear ended by breaking so suddenly because I had missed the turning, followed by reversing in a main road to get into the driveway. Luckily the guy behind me who had probably wet himself by my emergency stop had overtaken me at this point and the road behind me was relatively clear.

So I drove in, and all the car parking spaces were full, so I just shoved my car in some corner hoping that the person I was blocking didn't need to leave before I did. I grabbed my stuff, and rang the doorbell, praying that Jon, my friend that suggested I do this and the place's coordinator, would be the one to answer. He was, although he was in the middle of a meeting, so literally thrust me into a room with one other lady and the two kids who I would be working with, and left me to it. So that was scary. I watched them play Cheat for a bit, and then the lady said it was time to move on and would I like to show them all what I had brought. So, thankful that I had brought something and not turned up empty handed like Jon had said I could, I started talking them through my Uni sketchbooks and portfolio. Then Jon came in saying I was blocking someone in, so I gave him the keys to move my car and carried on. The kids seemed relatively interested, about as interested as I thought two boys would be in the subject of sewing, and I'm glad I went for the textiles side rather than the sewing side, as its so much more diverse and ... well, fun. The other lady went to make lunch, and the boys and I played Cheat, which I was about 5 seconds away from winning when lunch was served. Everyone ate together, as its such a small organisation. There were 5 adults, including me, and the two boys, although other people and kids come and go on different days and at different times.

After lunch, Jon took me to speak to a girl with autism, once again leaving me alone. He had warned me that I might find it difficult to communicate with her, as she would either be interested, or not at all, but we got on really well, and after we had talked about my sketchbooks, we also talked about books and travelling and all sorts. I think Jon was shocked at how well we had gotten on, as apparently its the first time she's stayed in the centre for the whole time she is timetabled to be there. After she had gone, Jon and I talked logistics, and I said that I would definitely be interested in doing weekly sessions, and eventually we got ready to go home, it being 4 o'clock, when I had expected to have been finished by about 2 at the latest.

That's when we found my car lights were on, and my battery completely dead. At the time, I had no clue how it had happened, as I knew my lights had been off, and anyway, they go off with the ignition, but I have just today figured out that he must have accidentally knocked the high beams on. So we went on a road trip with three stops to find jump leads, only for them not to work when we finally got hold of some, so we had to bite the bullet and call the AA. He came and fixed it right away, and I had the AA man dumbing down what he was telling me, followed by Jon further dumbing it down, and leaving me feeling like a total girl. Yes, I wear skirts and make up and try to look pretty, but that doesn't mean that I am completely incapable of understanding the purpose of a battery. Sigh.

Anyway, so I have come to the conclusion that my car doesn't like boys. When Linzi's boyfriend gets in my car, the lights play up, first the sides and then the indicator, only to return to normal as soon as he isn't in the car. Then, when Rachey's fiance has to audacity to drive it, my car decides to go in a strop and stop working all together. I suspect it will explode if Elle's boyfriend even touches it. I think Tim must be the exception, seeing as he cleans it. I suspect my car has a crush on him, actually, so much so that any other man won't do.

My car is such a girl ^^.

<3 x

* EDIT - Blogger will flag up 'blogging' as being a spelling mistake, but not 'blooging'? And I thought that it was bad enough that the first correction for 'dont' was 'dint'.

No comments:

Post a Comment