Monday 16 April 2012

Opera

Before I updated last night's post, I totally had a plan for this one. Now, having spent time writing about Titanic, it being something that I have been constantly thinking about all day, what I was going to post about this evening has completely slipped my mind. So you get a super boring 'today I did this' post instead.

My family and I went out for a meal for my Aunt's birthday. Originally, my Gran was coming too, but at the last minute decided she couldn't handle it, which was disappointing for us just as much as it was for her. She so rarely goes out any more, and just the change of scenery would have been good for her, but she is just in so much pain all the time. Anyway, we had a nice time regardless;the waiter was mildly attractive (and South African), the food was well received by the meat eaters (although the vegetarian is a little bored of burgers being her only option), we all treated ourselves to dessert (I had creme brulee, not sure why as I am not keen on it),  and alcohol was being sloshed around quite freely (literally, I now have to get red wine out of my favourite dress). We took my aunt back to my Grans, my mother and I sorted out my pleating problem for real this time, and came home to snuggle up with Once Upon a Time and about 3 Titanic-related programmes.

Ah! That's right! I was going to talk about my hula hooping. I've developed a daily ... well, nightly ... routine of using my massage hoop for two songs, and then my weighted hoop for one song. However, over the last couple of nights, even though I have been managing better at keeping the weighted one going, I have been getting this sharp pain in the right side of my stomach as the hoop presses in to it. It doesn't hurt otherwise, if I poke it or not, just when I am hooping.

Naturally, I googled it. Nothing really came up, mostly stuff saying 'Hula hooping is great for reliving abdominal pain blah blah blah'. However, one article from 2007 popped up about a 26 year old South Korean who got a Perirenal Hematoma from excessive hula hooping. I haven't found any other side-effects or hula hoop related injuries, so I'm sure its nothing, but it is very uncomfortable.

I don't know whether to just do the massage one for a while, or drop the weighted to every other day? I just want this to make a difference to my shape, and that won't happen unless I consistently do it.

EDIT: You know whats weird? When you are googling 'sharp pain hula hoop' and your own blog post comes up ^^

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment