Thursday 12 April 2012

Transform

A fair few weeks ago now, I got my Avon hula hoop, and have been using it pretty much every day since. At first, it was a bit of a pointless impulse buy, but then I started using it for more than a few seconds and realised I was much better at it than I remember being when I was little. It's not very heavy (if weighted at all), and I more class it as a 'massage' hoop than anything else. None the less, I got into the habit of doing it continuously for about 10 minutes every day.

Today, I got a new hoop.

This ones a level 2 foam covered 1.5kg weighted hoop. Its bigger than my first, although not as pretty. I decided to go for the foam rather than the massage ball one as it looked far less scary, and I figured foam covered must be easier and softer on the hips. The reviews on it were really good, and a lot of people were saying they could notice a difference in just weeks.

For the first two weeks, you aren't supposed to do it for more than 3 minutes a day. I can understand why. I can barely handle it for one minute at a time, let alone three. Its not that its difficult, in fact, its probably easier to keep going, but ... I don't know, I guess you have to experience it to understand.

Let's just say that you can feel this one working so much more than my first one.

I think I'm going to have to alternate between the two until I get more used to the new one.

I have just been reading such amazing stories about the benefits of hula-hooping, and I really, REALLY, hope they work for me too. Even if I can't sing along with my music with the new one.

<3 x


No comments:

Post a Comment