Monday 23 April 2012

Tell Me Why

You know, I really like the idea of culottes and skorts. Something that looks like a skirt but is actually a pair of shorts is just such an amazing idea.

You get all the advantages of a skirt (well, almost all) with none of the disadvantages. If it's windy out, you dont have to worry about your skirt blowing up. If you have to bend over, you can rest assured that you won't inadvertedly flash the world. If you like to confuse people who think that you're wearing a skirt when actually you aren't, well, thats covered too.

The only disadvantage I can see if that they just aren't around. I got a pair of linen culottes in Tesco a few summers ago, and as soon as I am skinny enough, they'll be back in use, but since I brought those, I have yet to see any more. Not here, anyway. Asian fashion sites have them in abundance, but alas, my western body does not agree with Asian sizing. My legs are too long so they look indecently short and my waist and hips are too wide so I couldn't fit in them even if the length didnt bother me. It's very sad.

The more and more I think about it, the more I think I should just make my own clothes. I see so many pretty things that I know I have no chance of pulling off or that are just too expensive, and its very upsetting. But I am too lazy and just don't have the confidence to try.

In summary, I want some well fitting culottes or skorts that I don't have to send off for from Hong Kong.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment