Tuesday 17 July 2012

Bad Boy

I got my Remington pearl curling wand today! :)
I burned myself. :(

It came in a huge box, completely disproportionate to the size of the wand, and when my dad brought it to me, he said 'Your buttons?'.  Idiot.

So far I'm impressed. It seemed to hold the curl quite well and I didn't use any product. I even straightened my hair and then curled it, and a good few hours later I am left with gentle waves, so it has some staying power. Its my own fault for getting burned though. I was just mentally scoffing at the reviews by people who had burned themselves, thinking how hard must it be to not put your hand on the hot thing, when I put my hand on the hot thing. Idiot.

I also started reading 50 Shades of Grey. Maybe I'm bandwaggonning a little, but seeing as everyone is making such a huge fuss I thought I'd give it a go. In the first two chapters I couldn't help but think it was Twilight for grown ups. Clumsy, plain and inexperienced narrator, works in a family run hardware store (close enough), has an erratic, harebrained mother. Meets perfection personified and is completely consumed.

The only difference was Edward wanted to sink his teeth into Bella ... Christian wants to sink something else into Ana.

So far, not overly impressed. I can't say I have found any of the characters particularly likable or intriguing (Ana is positively Mary Jane) and the writing seems to throw in a few big words to appear more intelligent. It doesn't have the unputdownable factor for me yet, and while I get that the whole smutty thing is pretty shocking for a lot of people, it really isn't anything to write home about (odd turn of phrase in this case, I know). Right now, I think I could find something just as good on a fanfic site, let alone for free on itunes. Having said that, chronologically I am only up to chapter 3 ... although I may have skipped a head a little ... so I shouldn't judge too harshly.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment