Sunday 8 July 2012

Something Wrong

So this evening, my mum and I were watching Supersize vs Superskinny. It was one of the very first episodes, when they used to test out different diets and methods of loosing weight. This particular episode concentrated on hypnosis. Incidentally, it's the only method that actually worked.


At about 5.53, they do an experiment.

You put your index finger and thumb together, and resist as another person tries to pry them apart. In the show, she put a biscuit in her other hand, and instantaneously she was unable to keep her finger and thumb together as easily as she had done previously.

So we did this test pretty much as soon as it came on the TV. Yeah, we didn't listen to the explanation, we kind of assumed that if you are holding something you like, it weakens your concentration and control, hence you are easier to break. My mum could keep her finger and thumb together no matter what she was holding, even Twilight. Not when she was holding my hand, but I suspect she was cheating seeing as I didn't have enough hands to pull hers apart. I was strong for the TV remote and the Gu dessert, less so for the Twirl Bites and even less so for the apple. So apparently I like apples more than twirls ... believe me it's as shocking to me as it would be to you.

However, one thing broke my grip completely and consistently. My iPhone.

How pathetic is that? I can't even explain it. I can maintain holding my finger and thumb together for CADBURY LIFE SUPPORTING SUSTENANCE better than I can for a lump of electronics?

Actually, yeah, that sounds about right.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment