Tuesday 3 July 2012

Love Yourself

I may have had a minor freak out this evening, but it is amazing how much Super Junior on repeat and a couple of episodes of Goong cheers you up.

Also a bag of fruit pastels. I decided that you have to eat two fruit pastels at a time, otherwise you would only be eating half a fruit, which is obviously pointless. Don't ask me what happens when you get a lemon ... lets just say it makes your jaw hurt.

On a completely unrelated note, kpop songs really need to stop telling us that 'it' is 'hard'. Korean music is all sweet and innocent, or at least very well censored and I have absolute faith that they have no idea what these lyrics mean to English speakers.

Supernova's Stupid Love, for example. 'Take a deep breath, cos this one is real hard.'

Block B's Nalina. 'I don't know, I don't know, I don't know but I'm hard, hard. You know what, you know what, you know what, what I mean, mean.'

And now even Super Junior in Rockstar. 'Oh. My. God. It's. So. Hard. .... I'm a rockstar!'

It just amuses me that songs with much less* get banned, and yet the connotations in these lyrics are completely acceptable. Then again, I have heard plenty of english language songs uncensored on Korean teleevision that I have never seen in British media. I guess either they think there is no point in censoring something the majority of the population wouldn't understand anyway, or the government genuinely doesn't know that words such as FUCK are swear words.

Not that I'm complaining, I find it all highly amusing. See, western popular music is no where near as fun as eastern music.

<3 x


*Mirotic by TVXQ is a prime example. Apparently 'I got you under my skin' was far too sexual. They had to release a clean version.

No comments:

Post a Comment