Thursday 5 July 2012

Four Seasons

I need new clothes. Like literally, all my clothes need to be new.

I was getting changed to go out earlier, and threw a black vest top on top of a black pair of tights. I then realised that the black vest top wasn't so black anymore. Bearing in mind that a black vest top is pretty much a staple in my wardrobe, I really couldn't believe I hadn't noticed how much the colour had faded... but then again, if you told me that top was 6 years old I really wouldn't be surprised.

It's not like things like that are expensive or hard to get hold of, especially when I wear the same things all year round ... I don't really have a seasonal wardrobe. Many of my casual tops are from Dorothy Perkins, and I have had a few discount codes from Avon over the past few months, so I may just restock when I get one next time. It is kind of my style, to layer things, so vest tops and the like are kind of important for my wardrobe.

As such, I'm really tempted to just throw out all of my clothes over the weekend. Well, you know what I mean, not all of them, just the ones I have had for more than three years, and then buy new versions.

I was just browsing on YesStyle, and thinking how I should have more dresses. Its much easier choosing one thing to wear, rather than tops and bottoms and then making the two match. I'm still on the look out for culottes though. It seems I have to sacrifice appeal for western sized hips.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment