Sunday 22 July 2012

Somebody to Love

So it's 3am, and I'm sitting in a massive room complete with desk with a squishy bed all to myself, and even though I've been at a wedding all day, I'm wide awake.

I've spent all of today in the company of strangers; half with strong South Yorkshire accents, half with strong North Eastern accents. Therefore, I spent much of today with no idea what anyone was saying. As if it wasn't awkward enough being in a room with 100 odd people you don't know, I had to struggle with the dialect barrier too.

Also, North Easterners are somewhat more proactive in achieving a personal goal that anyone else. I got forcibly carried to the bar and the dance floor on two separate occasions by two different people.

Everyone was lovely though. The friends of the Bride and Groom welcomed me into their group easily, especially the girls, and in the evening 3 guys came to talk to me one by one for a prolonged period ... It was literally one left, another one sat down. Obviously none of them leading anywhere other than them buying me drinks (free night for me), but it was nice nonetheless, although I went outside for a couple of hours and when we went back in everyone else had gone to bed.

EDIT: Apparently I sleep-publish my posts now. Maybe I wasn't as wide awake as I thought I was ...

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment