Wednesday 2 January 2013

Avon Dead Now

Late this afternoon, I wrapped up warm and trundled out into the wet dusk to pick up my Avon catalogues. Having given my customers over a week and a half over the festive period to peruse the books, and with it being a clearance campaign full of savings and special offers, I was hopeful.

I did not receive a single order.

I have decided to take that as a sign, and in the morning, I am going to cease to be an Avon Representative.

It's been 2 and a half years, and while I do enjoy getting and using the products, I am not so keen on the whole being a saleswoman part. It doesn't make me much money, and any pennies I do make are soon put back into the company's pocket in the form of buying products for myself. I was debating whether to re-canvas my area, spend more time trying to get new customers, but seeing as my normally faithful and consistent clientele have failed me so early into the new year, I think I might as well just give up.

I'll just go back to Maybelline, Simple and whatever else is on offer in Sainsburies for all my cosmetic needs. You know, where they have matching shampoo and conditioner *cough*AvonNaturals*cough* and where you can buy something and actually have it when you need it instead of months after *cough*AvonsBadDeliveryTimes*cough. Also so my mum doesn't have to get up at 6 on delivery days.

No comments:

Post a Comment