Thursday 3 January 2013

Productive

So far, I think I'm doing pretty well at posting my day's blog actually on the day it is supposed to be posted on. I don't know how long this will last, especially when I go back to having a social life, bit still, I'm enjoying it for now.

Today was quite productive. I finally finished moving into my work room, rather than half my stuff being in the garage, ready to sort out the eBay stuff for photographing and listing over the weekend. We even put up curtains yesterday, and found a giant strawberry which I might put on the wall. All that's left is a rug of some sort, a light shade, and some room, and it will be all set for starting on my sister's wedding dress.

I also signed up to a few new industry networking sites. I now have profiles on Film and TV Pro, Stage 32 and LinkedIn as well as being a part of the Film Birmingham database. The next step is to set up a decent website and maybe a professional Facebook and Twitter, or I might just change my name on my existing Twitter. I just want to raise my online profile a little, as well as try to keep my personal and professional lives separate. It kind of concerns me that someone could think to type MBGthree as my Twitter name into google and find this blog ... I'm not sure if this blog is meant to be found, at least not in connection with my career.

I quit Avon .... or rather I rang up someone who just told me to stop making orders and they'll automatically remove me anyway. So that's what I'll do. I could have kept getting the demo and clearance book but I think its probably best to go cold turkey. Remove all temptation. Go outside to buy my cosmetic essentials. The horror.

So yes, worked on improving my future ... AND watched 2 films and a load of TV.

My university course leader messaged me today after I added her on LinkedIn and she said she'd heard through the grapevine that I'd been doing really well. IN YOUR FACE SHITTY THREE YEARS OF UNI, I'm successful now.

No comments:

Post a Comment