Wednesday 30 January 2013

Rocket

I was waiting for the bleeding home hub to start working again, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen, and I only have 6% battery left, so super quick iPhone post.

Speaking of super quick, maybe I'll do a review post on my new mascara, the Maybelline The Rocket Volum Express.

Yes, it's fast. Yes, it's clump free. Yes, it give you long lashes. Yes, it lasts a long time.

But what about volume, something that is in the product name? Not so much. I think it's because it's so quick, you can't really work up the amount of volume like you might with other mascaras. The whole clump free thing only really works for the first coat, it's not a buildable mascara. Also, lasting power has its pros and cons and for me, in this product at least, it's a con. The product dries so quickly that you have to work fast to get rid of mistakes. The first time I used it, I did both eyes before I went back to check for mistakes, and ended up having to take the whole lot off and start again ... Which is no easy task. This stuff does not like to be removed.

In short, great for everyday, flying out the door because you're late for work general use ... But time karma bites you in the ass when it comes to taking it off.

Also, I think dropping 'Volum' from the product name would be more apt.

No comments:

Post a Comment