Monday 25 April 2011

All about Manga. Sorry.

I've just finished reading the manga of Zettai Kareshi. There are just as many tears rolling down my cheeks now as there were when I finished watching the drama.

I just looked at a screen cap from the drama, and now I'm crying even more.

Damn these tragic endings! Even though the manga and the drama were so different, I still knew they would have the same basic ending, and yet I was totally emotionally unprepared. Sigh.

Poor Night.

Poor Riiko.

Soushi hasn't got anything to complain about though, he still got the girl in the end in both manga and drama, even if she chose someone else over him first in both as well.

Anyway, now that I have managed to pull myself together a bit, I looked for my next manga. According to my plan, it should be Hana Kimi, so I looked it up and then realised it was 145 chapters long. That's a long manga, so I looked to the next on my list of dramas that I have watched, which was Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge AKA Wallflower/Perfect Girl Evolution. 104 chapters. Pffft, I don't think so, that's still too long. Next, Hana Yori Dango. 242!

I think I'm just going to have to suck it up. I don't think I have read a manga as long as these since Tsubasa, and I do believe that was the first manga I ever read. [Just went back to check, and that was at the beginning of LAST MAY.] Normally, 30-50 chapters seem to be enough to tell a story, even though the most popular mangas always seem to be above 400 chapters.

It just takes a long time to get through, but I like having a manga always open to read on my browser, just like how I always have the next episode open of whatever drama I'm currently on, and at the moment, the dance tutorial for Perfection so I don't forget it.

My ears just popped randomly and now I have a high pitched ringing in my right ear. I hate that. Its so annoying.

(half an hour later)

....It's gone now.

So I just went to start Hana Kimi, and there is a new chapter of KissxSis. That manga is so weird. It is by far the most extreme thing I have read, and it frequently freaks me out. I suspect the name is enough to at least hint at why.

<3 x

P.S. - I may have got distracted A LOT during the writing of this post. Mainly due to finiding out there is going to be a Taiwanese version of Zettai Kareshi, starring a guy who is also in the Taiwanese version of Hana Kimi .... who is rather hot....so you can see where this led me....

No comments:

Post a Comment