Saturday 23 April 2011

Tubing and Arson

I am aiming to complete this post in half an hour, so I can watch Nurse Jackie. You are probably thinking that should be dead easy, but by the time I've written, edited and published my posts, I often find that a ridiculous amount of time has passed. Obviously, this has nothing to do with me getting distracted half way through by my mentioning something in passing that subsequently needs further research, such as the spelling of eastern Asian names, or finding a pretty picture to make my posts more visually appealing.

Anyway, I mentioned yesterday that I would tell you about the SnowDome in this post, so I shall. Not that I remember finishing that post ... I literally remember up to the point of typing Zettai Kareshi in bold, and the rest I strongly suspect to have been sleep blogging. However, it turned out reasonably well regardless, so I wont complain.

Ever since we finished planning for Rachey and Jon's weekend away, I started on the planning of Polson's birthday. I decided that the SnowDome in Tamworth would be a good idea as it's something we haven't ever done as a group before, and I'm all for doing new things lately, so eventually we all decided on adrenaline tubing.

I think we all had done tobogganing before apart from Rachey, myself most recently a few months ago on a date, and I'll be honest, I was in no rush to do it again. Tubing just seemed like the much better choice; you are wearing a helmet, you are unlikely to fall off and you don't have to do anything but hold on. With tobogganing, you don't have a helmet, you are likely to fall off and you have to break and steer not only to avoid walls and bends, but also the stupid employees that decided to stand in the middle of the slope dry humping the air as you go past them (apparently signifying you to break).

Firstly, as awesome as it was, I think the name and the safety warnings and the having to sign liability forms built it up to be a hell of a lot scarier than it actually turned out to be. Don't get me wrong, it was really good fun, and the end when you went up the padded slope bit to stop was quite scary if you ended up facing backwards, but the actual thing itself wasn't so much 'adrenaline' tubing as 'a-slight-and-short-lived-rush' tubing.
That being said, I still couldn't stop from screaming on occasion, and muttering to myself phrases varying from 'Crap' to 'Frog it', so that's always nice.

Today, I spent a good few hours making a 6 layer rainbow cake with my two brides (meaning I am their bridesmaid, not that I am marrying them), sandwiching it with chocolate buttercream and covering it with fondant icing, on which I then finger painted spots. Tomorrow, after doing the Easter Sunday family thing, we take it round to Polson's house and possibly set fire to both the cake and the house with the giant firework Rachey has brought to decorate the cake with.

This is how awesome my friends and I are, arsonists through and through.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment