Friday 8 April 2011

Thinking up different titles every day is hard

I thought I would write today's post earlier than the last few posts, so I don't have to publish them half written and then go back and edit rush to get them finished before midnight. Therefore, right now, its mid afternoon on an absolutely gorgeous day and I have the day to do as I please with. So I'm sat in my room with the curtains half closed writing my blog, like a proper Internet geek. Awesome.

I didn't end up watching the Gokusen special last night. I tried everything to make my computer run quicker, but nothing seemed to be working, so I gave up. So I watched it this morning instead, and had to keep moving the mouse pad thing on my laptop the whole time to stop the picture from freezing. The episode was 2 hours long. I think I have a repetitive strain injury on my index finger.

Then, I decided TURNING MY LAPTOP OFF PROPERLY FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR might help, so I did that, and it seems to be back to normal now. It's still slow, and it still needs to have a clean up numerous times a day to keep me just above recommended 200mb of free disk space or whatever, but I can watch YouTube again without it freezing, which is super useful when you are trying to teach yourself how to dance.

So, anyway, next on my drama list is Tokyo Dogs. It stars Shun Oguri (nice, hot Rui from Hana Yori Dango, not hot Uchi from Gokusen, main guy Sano from Hana Kimi) and Hiro Mizushima (hot Rihito from Mei-chan, hot Soshi from Zettai Kareshi, hot Minami from Hana Kimi, and apparently he is in Gokusen season 2 - I bet he's hot in it). I thought I should start using their names rather than 'the guy from this' to avoid confusion.

Awww Oguri looks soooo grown up! I can see more of Rui in him in this picture, even though he looks totally different.  He looks totally different in all the  roles I have seen so far. Kind of like Johnny Depp. He is the one on the right. Oguri, I mean, not Depp. Mizushima is the one looking a bit odd on the left.

Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on. I'm looking forward to it; as much as I enjoy the high school series, its nice to splatter in some more grown up dramas, especially when you are so used to seeing the actors in children's roles.

I talk about drama too much.

I moan about how I talk about drama too much.

I still dont care.

Still reading Toware no Minoue. I'm about half way through, and I do like it, but its not gripping me. It was the same with Shinobi Life, I really liked the characters, the plot and the art, but I just wasn't hooked. Sometimes I can see Vampire Knight in the art, especially the eyes, but for the most part it seems to be drawn by a completely different mangaka. Its the first time Ive come across something like this, usually the art styles are so individual to the mangaka, but the two are almost unrecognisable as having the same author.

I have nothing else to share. I'm going to try and master part 3 of perfection now. I fear I need the exercise after the fridge cake/rocky road thing Linzi and I made last night. Its a really hard section, but I think I have the arms sorted now, which was my main problem. I just wish I looked as cool as I do in my head.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment