Friday 1 April 2011

This Month begins with an 'A'

Happy April!

Along with seemingly the rest of the online community, I fully intend to do BEDA this month. Blog Every Day in April, in case you live under a rock and don't understand what BEDA stands for. My life isn't really varied or interesting enough to do this, but hey, its a challenge I have done a few times now, and I enjoy it, so suck it. Not that you complained, I am apparently just comfortable enough now on this blog to insult you, so that's peachy, isn't it?

My day has been fairly uneventful. I woke up after sleep replying to two texts sent before 9 am, watched an episode or two of Kimi wa Petto (so cute, I really want a teenage boy with curly hair as a pet. Not in a perverted way, more like a dog that talk), had a lunch of chocolate cornflake cakes made last night that somehow all disappeared, then my aunt came round. Ever since last summer I have been making very slow progress on a project she asked me to do for her, and today was the first time I remembered to get her to try it on so I could move on with it. I really need a mannequin for size 14 and up, because its pretty impossible to make anything for larger sizes from a pattern book written for size 12 and a size 10 mannequin. Then we talked about my business ideas, and for once she seemed intrigued by them, rather than sceptical, which was nice.

I really have to get a start on this whole business thing. I need a website. Or two. I need a name. For the non-professional side of my business, I mean, such as making accessories etc. as my own name is my professional name for any film or TV work. I have been tempted by MBGthree, as the name means something to me as well being my established online presence, but I am not sure if I want to mix my personal life, such as what I write about in this blog or tweet about, with my professional life. If I am making new products and want to advertise them, I would rather do that independently from what I would otherwise share with the world.

My mother and I are planning to clear my sewing room this weekend so I can set it up properly as my work shop. I have a pattern cutting table and a desk, and I'm going to get a rail rather than the wardrobe, and some drawers etc so things are more organised.

I just wish I had the confidence in myself to give me the motivation to get started.

On a completely unrelated note, are my posts too boring?? Should I start using fancy colours, or adding pictures? Like this, to illustrate how attractive the idea of having a curly haired teenage boy as a pet is?


Kawaiiiii, no?

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment