Monday 25 April 2011

Happy Easter Egg Day

When I was little, I remember that I used to get loads of Easter Eggs. One from my Parents, one from my Gran, one from my Nan, one from my Auntie, and probably a few from various neighbours or family friends. I would always get a Cadbury's creme egg one from my Gran, just like how my sister always got a flake one, and I would always prefer that to any other egg, because I am a Cadbury's chocolate girl through and through.

After all, I'm from Birmingham, the home of Cadbury. Both my parents went to Bournville schools. Various family members have worked in the factory at some point in their lives. I can almost count Cadbury as being a quintessential part of my heritage, as well as the being the producers of some mighty fine chocolate.

This year, I got two eggs, and neither of them was Cadbury's.

One was Thornton's. I have never really judged Thornton's on its chocolate, as even though it is a chocolate shop, for me, its always been the place to buy toffee. As such, the egg I got from Thornton's was a chocolate toffee egg, and was OK, but nothing amazing.

The other was a Sainsburies own brand egg. I cant deny it looks SUPER COOL, being in the shape of a cupcake, although I wish I liked white chocolate more.

I missed my Cadbury eggs. I missed the little duck or rabbit on the side, depending on how big the egg was. I missed how easily you could split it in half so you could eat some, re wrap it and put it back in the box so no one would ever know you've already eaten half of it and that's why you feel sick.

Interestingly, this post has made me not desire chocolate of the Cadbury variety, but fresh white bread and butter.

I don't think my brain is connected to my stomach right.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment