Friday 8 April 2011

Dude, I never titled this post. OOPS.

Ever since I posted that I hadn't had to rush my posts for BEDA this time around, I have been writing my posts with mere minutes to spare before midnight.

This is proof that saying something makes the opposite happen.

I don't know if this has a name, but I suspect it may be a clause of Sod's law. A sub law maybe? I don't know the legal jargon.

Today was a bit weird, I have felt really drained all day. I don't know why. Linzi suspects it was all the fresh air yesterday. I suspect its because I ate a lot of sugar, and then slept through the sugar high, resulting in a major sugar low upon waking.

So, I did nothing all day, but a bit of laundry, and watching Gokusen. I've finished the first series now, with just the special to watch before I move on to the next Japanese title in the list.

I've really enjoyed this series. It had a lot of really subtle nuances that really make me laugh. Its just the little things, but its really hard to describe what it is exactly that makes it so entertaining. I think its a something that is so different about Asian drama, but I couldn't say if it would work in western media. We take ourselves to seriously, concerned too much about ratings and popularity that we are unable to poke fun at ourselves.
It's funny, though. Remember how I said that the guy who played nice, hot Rui from Hana Yori Dango was in this too? So not hot in this. He is the blonde one in the middle. And Tsukasa from HYD and the pet Momo in Kimi wa Petto who is also in this? So not as cute without his long curly hair and acting like a puppy.

Oh, and to further prove that Japanese actors seem to be in everything, I think the guy from Nobuta wo Produce and Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge is in series 2.
You didnt get a picture in yesterday's post, so you can have two today. This is Yankumi from the titles. She looks so pretty! I really want a kimono! And a parasol!

They do like to leave you hanging though. The series ended with four characters discussing how they would all be going after Yankumi (the main girl), and yet as I understand it, one if not three of them aren't in the next season.

I just re-read that last paragraph, and I feel I should clarify that by 'going after' meant in a 'I want to date and marry you' way, not in a 'I want to kill you with my bare hands' way. Although I feel confident that if it was the latter, she would be more than capable of protecting herself, much to the dismay of her attacker.

I talk about the objects of my Japanese obsession too much, I know. I'm sorry. But its the only thing that really changes for me on a daily basis.

I am an incredibly boring person.

In other news, my laptop has been ridiculously slow today. I dread to think how long it will take me to load and watch the Gokusen special.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment