Friday 29 April 2011

What else is this post likely to be about?

I warn you now, dear reader, this is an iPhone post, which means it probably will be more of a transcript of what comes out if my head rather than an at least partially thought out and edited post. So that's just lovely, isn't it?

I seem to be getting a bit lax at the end of BEDA, but I'm so proud that I'm actually still on track that I don't really care, to be honest.

As I am sure the whole world is aware, today was the royal wedding day. I got up at 9 and put on my prom dress from when I was 16, which still fit perfectly. Then my sister arrived and she put her dress on, and we joined my mother in her best dress and my old dressing up tiara to watch the live footage of the wedding.

... I feel I should clarify that my mother was wearing my old dressing up tiara, not that we joined my mother AND the tiara, separately watching the wedding, because the tiara is an inanimate object and can't watch anything, let alone the biggest national event since Charles and Di.

Half way through the wedding, I got changed into the dress I brought nearly 3 years ago for the Queen's Garden Party, and it did NOT still fit me perfectly. I'm so going to have to loose some weight.

Anyway, back to the actual wedding. It was a bit boring, to be fair. Sure, she looked lovely, and the abbey was simply stunning, but there was far too much religious blah blah blahing going on for my liking. And lets be honest, what were some people wearing? Princess Beatrice in particular looked somewhat ridiculous, earning her the fond nicknames of 'hat twat' and 'pretzel head' from this corner of the country.

I'd like to say I did something else, but this wedding has taken up my whole day. I'm about 5 chapters away from finishing Haou Airen, one episode and a couple of specials away from finishing Nodame Cantabile, so no doubt you'll get the lowdown on those soon enough.

Now that I think about it, there's only one day left of BEDA.

Blimey, that's gone fast.

<3 x

EDIT  Just finished Haou Airen, and now my heart hurts. It's not always a pleasant thing to read, being pretty much full of violence, rape and murder from start to finish, but by God, it breaks my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment