Wednesday 7 March 2012

Chuff Hunting

Its really windy tonight, so much so that I am literally in a curtain to be able to try and retain internet connectivity. I really cannot wait to be home, where buildings shelter you from the wind and the internet comes from inside the same place as you, not some BT Openzone thing.

Today was my Dad's birthday, so we sent him out for a bike ride with my soon to be brother-in-law first thing while we prepared a massive full English. My sister mostly did it, and I helped, although neither of us had ever made a full fry up breakfast before. Personally, I can't imagine anything worse than a load of heavy meat and grease first thing in the morning, but I know a lot of people love them, my father being one.

We had a plan to go to Holyhead to try and see a Chuff. Its a rare bird that looks somewhat like a blackbird, and my father has never seen one. A few years back, we were on a family trip to some RSPB place, and my sister and I saw 2, completely by chance, and ever since then, it has been our point up from him. He boasts about anything, and we will always have the chuff thing over him. So we went Chuff Hunting, unsuccessfully. There are supposed to be 11 breeding pairs at this place, so 22 birds, and not one would come and land in front of my father's face.

We then spent an hour in the car going all over the bloody place as my mother insisted on navigating rather than using a sat nav as she 'likes maps', and ended up in some woods where red squirrels live. We saw none.

We had a lovely meal at a pub recommended by the owners of the cottage, which was great even if we ignore the issues parking and the fact that the gale force winds kept blowing up my dress, which was somewhat awkward. On the drive home, there was a sheep strolling down the road, looking all suspicious, especially as it was on a coastal road, heading away from the sea....

Over all, a very unsuccessful day of rare breed hunting, but I understand my Dad enjoyed it none the less, so I guess that's OK.

Finally watched the whole first episode of City Hunter last night. Oh My God. It was worth all the mental anguish just for Lee Min Ho. So pretty. So far, all quite serious and dark, and very action-y, which is different from what I'm used to, but by no means an unwelcome change. It was good. Oh, Lee Min Ho.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment