Thursday 22 March 2012

Internal Monologue

I was trying to wait up for SHINee's Sherlock MV to be released, as I heard that it would be at 12 Korea time, although I'm not sure whether it was supposed to be midnight or noon. Seeing as midnight has passed and as it is currently half past 10 in the morning there, I'm thinking I'll just wake up to it instead.

I was at the office this morning. Its weird how disjointed going to work in the morning and then heading over to  work on the dresses makes my day feel. You feel like its almost the end of the day before you have even started, and before I can even get dressmaking, I have to sort out my Gran first. Looking after old people is hard, especially when they are super stubborn old people who are fiercely independent.

For a while, I thought I might like to go into caring for the elderly as a new career, but that was when I was only looking after my Gran for one or two days a week. Now that I'm there every day, I don't think I could handle it. I can clean up and whatnot after my Gran and not be too freaked out by it, but I don't think I could do it for a stranger. Before, I basically thought spending time listening to old people's stories over a cup of tea and cake sounded awesome, but then I started to realise that old people are repetitive and their cake is usually stale.

I'm liking the wedding route at the moment. Apparently there is a place in the City that does pretty much exactly what I want to do. They have a shop with dresses to try on etc, but also a work room in the back that provides a bespoke service. As much as the idea of setting up my own shop and business is stuck in my head, I know I should get some experience in the field first, try to figure out how it all works and maybe even do a bit of networking. So as soon as I have finished the dresses, it looks like I'm back to the job hunt ...

That was a bit of a mish mash of subjects. I think I just typed what was going through my head in real time.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment