Monday 5 March 2012

I Love Castles

I've managed to find internet on my laptop. I'm literally sitting on a wooden chair in the corner of the living room, facing the wall. I look like I've been naughty, I feel like I should be wearing a Dunce's hat.  Luckily everyone has gone to bed or I would look super unsociable. I'm glad though, even if I am mildly uncomfortable and highly suspicious of what's behind me, because sitting in a corner with internet is preferable to sitting in comfort with no internet. Last night, it took forever to get enough 3G to post, and I was so bored, you have no idea. I haven't even been able to update Twitter since I arrived, let alone check my emails or other social networking sites. Super Junior could be doing a one-off concert in Anglesey RIGHT NOW and I wouldnt have a clue. Because I'm sure the Hallyu wave has reached North Wales.

So today was super fun. We all woke up SUPER HOT, which is hard to believe because we are in Wales, but the heating here is clearly highly effective. Finally got everyone together (my Dad was rowing... rowing.) and headed out to do a spot of shopping before going for a walk or some such. We ended up not going where we had planned, but some tiny town that was nearer and had like, no proper shops. Then everyone said we should go to the castle there because 'Heather likes castles.' Literally, everyone said it. I have no idea where they all got the idea that I'm some form of castle enthusiast, but they have clearly all discussed my castle love between them. Not that I dislike castles, I do quite like them, I suppose. Just not as much as my family seem to believe. Anyway, so we went around the castle. It's yet to be finished, there are loads of tunnels and walls to climb up, and seeing as we were pretty much the only ones there, I got to run around like a kid. Then I brought a guidebook. Actually, I'm kind of seeing why everyone assumes that I'm a castles fan, in retrospect.

After lunch, where everyone had massive carveries and I had a cheese sandwich (being a vegetarian in a meat-eating family is hard, especially when my pig headed father hears us saying lets go somewhere more Heather-friendly and goes to get a fecking table) we headed back to the cottage. My parents watched rugby, Tim went for a bike ride, and Jo and I made welsh cakes and then went for a walk down to the sea, which is like 5 mins down the road, and had a massive gossip about boys. After tea, everyone older than me fell asleep on the sofa.  My family having finally dragged themselves off to bed, I ran round the house trying to find internet, and here we are now.

Was this post boring? I don't normally do enough in the day to be able to blog about it. Ah well, it'll only be for a week.

Ah for crap's sake. I had internet, enough to open blogger and start writing, and to load the first part of the first episode of City Hunter, but now its gone. Its now quarter to one on tuesday morning, I've waited like an hour, and nothing. It says its connected, but I can't do anything. I need to watch City Hunter!

GAH I WANT TO GO HOME.

<3 x




No comments:

Post a Comment