Tuesday 20 March 2012

Hula Hula

It's Monday, and therefore day one of a new start. I intend to drink more water, eat less crap and do more exercise ... yeah, so pretty much exactly what I try to do starting every Monday.

Today went well, though. I drank a glass of water and had an actimel before leaving the house, and then a litre of water while I was at my Gran's. I've been having actimel for a while now, although I have no idea why, I think I just decided it would be good for me. So far, I can't say I've noticed a difference in the health of my tummy ... in fact, I got a bug, so what does that say? I didn't have any lunch because my Gran was being stubborn, and if she refuses to eat, so do I. Normally, she backs down, but today was not one of those days, so I didn't eat anything until I got home. Luckily my appetite still isn't really back, so it didn't bother me too much. I had a few cracker and cheese, and then pizza and salad for tea, followed by my extra iron of a handful of cashew nuts and a square of dark chocolate. My mum and I did about a miles walk, and then I topped it off with about 5 minutes of hula hooping before bed.

I was reading up about hula hooping, to see how many calories I was likely to have burnt, and I was really surprised at what I read. It works so many muscles, not just your legs, hips and waist to keep the hoop moving, but your arms as well as you keep them up out of the way, which makes sense when you think about it. Apparently, the rough guideline is 100 cals for 10 mins, and it is supposed to knock inches off your waist in just weeks! I doubt I could do it for 10 mins at a time, I get bored far too easily, but it's quite easy to keep at it for at least a song and a half.

I have a very short attention span, OK?

Although, when I took my top off right afterwards, I had a rather attractive red line all around my waist. Maybe this is the disadvantage of using a massage hoop. I read that people using weighted hoops get proper bruises ... no wonder I've heard it hurts.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment