Tuesday 6 March 2012

The Welsh

I'm back in my connectivity corner, facing the wall. To be fair, it probably wouldn't make any difference if I was to turn around and face the room, but the fact that I'm sat in the corner in the middle of the night to watch things on the Internet kind of amuses me.

(I'm buffering the rest of City Hunter ep 1 just in case the Internet decides to drop again, if you were wondering, which, lets be honest, you weren't.)

As you are probably aware, or at least should be if you read my blog at least semi regularly, I am in North Wales right now. During my time here, I have come to a conclusion.

The Welsh are suspicious.

I am in Wales. I have yet to meet ONE PERSON who speaks with a Welsh accent. 

There is Welsh everywhere. Good for them for keeping their language alive ... or at least that's what we have been told. How do we know that all the other writing on all the signs is actually what the English signs say but in Welsh? For all we know, they could be mocking us non Welsh-speakers, plain lying and laughing that we fell for it, or even just saying 'sheep' over and over again.

That's another thing, SHEEP. There are a lot of sheep here. A LOT. You look in any direction at any time, and you will be able to see at least one sheep. I was looking out to sea earlier and saw sheep, that's how bad the sheep invasion is.They weren't in the sea, just to clarify, but I really wouldn't be surprised. I strongly suspect they are conspiring with the Welsh to make a mockery of all non-welsh.

I'm not being mean, I like the Welsh ... I think. I'll let you know when I actually meet one. The suspicion is probably just some remnant of my Liverpudlian blood.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment