Thursday 29 March 2012

ROAR says Laptop

Its really hard trying to be quiet and undestruptive to sleeping relatives in the next room when my laptop is roaring away like this. Especially when I'm also banging at it to try and make it stop, which isn't working, so I guess both my laptop and I are being ridiculously noisy in the middle of the night.

Ah, it stopped. Thank God.

I think its the fan, which I guess means I need a new one or something. Fan, I mean, not laptop ... although to be fair, it may not be so bad of an idea. I know I decided against getting a new laptop when I got the virus, but seeing as this doesn't feel like my old laptop so much anymore, maybe I should get a new one. Ever since it was brought back to life, its been a bit of a zombie; the shadow of its former self if you like. I think I'll have to reinstall most if not all of my programs, which I may as well do on a shiny new system. Anyway, this one screams at me one minute and shuts off in a huff the next, so its hardly begging me to keep it in service ... more like its begging fro early retirement. I could even wipe this one clean and donate it to my father, although I'm not sure I should encourage him to spend any more time sitting on a computer than he already does.

I'll think about it, asses my finances etc.

So today I think I found my sister's wedding venue. They need to view it and all that jazz first, but from what we saw online, it looks so ideal for them. Very small and intimate while being distinctly country-ish. You can book out the whole place for the weekend, the couple can stay in the bridal yurt and its eco-friendly. There's even a campsite for the wedding guests!

It says its 'for a wedding day that doesn't cost the earth' but I'm praying they don't mean that too literally and you are in fact paying for it 'not to cost the earth'.

Heading home tomorrow, and while I'm sad to leave my poorly sick sister and my aunt, I'll be glad to get back to my own home comforts. Namely my bed, my mum and a fast internet connection.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment