Saturday 17 March 2012

Wow...

Big Bang are one of the most popular Korean bands out there. They not long ago beat the likes o Britney Spears to become MTV's Best World Wide Act, so their popularity is by no means limited to Korea, or even Asia.

I posted about them a while ago, having falling in love with their song 'Love Song'. I soon after became a huge fan of 'Stupid Liar'. But between me finding out about them and now, they weren't really active, other than a few scandals.

Then came 'Blue'.
It was pretty good. I played it a few times and haven't really felt the need to do so again.

Then there was 'Bad Boy'.

It was awesome. I played it a few times and for the next week, it was pretty much constantly in my head ... until ...

'Fantastic Baby'.
Wow. Fantastic Baby.

Its another one of those songs that on first hearing doesn't mean that much, but slowly grows and grows in your mind until it consumes you. Like Lucifer. You find yourself playing the MV on a daily basis, sometimes even multiple times a day, on repeat. I'm not sure why I like it so much. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with a load of topless men, especially not the blond one (Daesung, I think). I really like TOP's first bit, when he's in the picture frames. He's the one with blue hair, which is strangely enough not the weirdest style here *looks at GDragon *wonders how missed it in Blue and Bad Boy*.
I'm a huge fan of the moment when Taeyang (with all the tattoos) is standing in front of the fence. He looks up and they cut away to the next shot just a frame too early, so you see him start to move in to his next part. It's at about 2.42 and I know its so tiny most people wouldn't notice it, but to me it sticks out like a sore thumb.

There you go. Big Bang ... updated. As usual, Simon and Martina of eatyourkimchi ave great comedic reviews of these songs on Kpop Music Mondays, so be sure to check them out too.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment